the Cale AL
An expedition-ready hardtail
"With raucous off-road ability and a Sherpa-like carrying capacity, it’s ready for expeditions in the high mountains."
An aluminium sibling for our most trail-capable bike. A few tweaks and a new lightweight aluminium frame see the latest Cale AL ready to take on any track. With raucous off-road ability and a Sherpa-like carrying capacity, it’s ready for expeditions in the high mountains. Equally at home smashing around your local trail centre, it comes with fast-rolling 29-inch wheels, but will also work with oversize 27.5+ tyres. Equipped with a dropper post and tough suspension fork, it’s mountain-ready out of the box.
- New aluminium version of the Cale trail mtb with hydroformed triple butted tubing.
- Rockshox 35 Gold RL 130 mm travel suspension fork with Boost spacing and 35 mm stanchions.
- Bombtrack Illusion 35 mm oversized handlebar, 800 mm wide and Bombtrack Chase stem with 40 mm extension.
- WTB ST i29 TCS 2.0” tubeless ready rims.
- Bombtrack GRAD Boost disc brake hubs with 15 and 12 mm through axles.
- Kenda Hellcat Pro ATC 29 x 2.4” tubeless ready tires.
- Sram SX Eagle 12-speed drivetrain with 11 – 50 T cassette and 30 T direct mount chainring.
- Sram Level hydraulic disc brakes.
- KS E30i 30.9 mm dropper post with 150 mm travel.
- Color 1 Matt Hazy Green
- Frame 6061-T6 hydro-formed Aluminium, TA,rack / fender mounts, boost spacing,stealth dropper ready, 73 mm BSA BB shell
- Fork ROCKSHOX 35 GOLD RL suspension fork, 130 mm travel, 1.1/2" - 1.1/8"
- Handlebar BOMBTRACK ILLUSION flat bar, 6061-T6 aluminium, 35 mm clamping diameter, 8° backsweep, 6° upsweep, 18 mm rise
- Grips BOMBTRACK RETURN 135 mm grips
- Stem BOMBTRACK CHASE forged aluminium stem, 35 mm clamping diameter
- Headset Sealed integrated aheadset, 1.1/2'' - 1.1/8''
- Levers SRAM LEVEL hydraulic
- Shifter SRAM SX-EAGLE 12-speed trigger shifter
- Brakes SRAM LEVEL hydraulic disc brakes with 180 mm F / 160 mm R rotors
- Crankset TRUVATIV STYLO 6K aluminium crank, Boost DUB
- BB SRAM DUB BSA 73 mm
- Pedals -
- Chain SRAM NX EAGLE chain, 1/2'' x 11/128'', 118L
- Chainring SRAM EAGLE X-SYNC 2, narrow-wide, 30 T
- Cassette SRAM PG-1210 EAGLE 12-speed, 11 - 50 T
- Front derailleur -
- Rear derailleur SRAM SX EAGLE, clutch, long cage
- Front hub BOMBTRACK GRAD sealed hub, 6-bolt disc, 15 x 110 mm thru-axle
- Rear hub BOMBTRACK GRAD sealed hub, XD driver, 6-bolt disc, 12 x 148 mm thru-axle
- Front rim WTB ST i29 double wall, TCS 2.0, 32h
- Rear rim WTB ST i29 double wall, TCS 2.0, 32h
- Saddle BOMBTRACK ORIGIN saddle
- Seat post KS E30i dropper seatpost, 30.9 mm, 150 mm travel, 485 mm length
- Seat clamp BOMBTRACK ORIGIN forged aluminium seat clamp, 34.9 mm
- Front tire KENDA HELLCAT PRO ATC 29 x 2.4" TLR, tubeless ready
- Rear tire KENDA HELLCAT PRO ATC 29 x 2.4" TLR, tubeless ready
- Fender -
- Rack -
- Light -
- Weight (size M) 13.8 kg (size M)
- Weight frameset (size M) tba (size M, including TA, bolts, seatclamp, hanger)
- Maximum rider weight 140 kg incl. luggage
- ASTM riding condition 4
- BB Standard BSA - 73 mm shell width
- Headset Standard (S.H.I.S.) IS42 / 28.6 | IS52 / 40
- Fork Max Tire Clearance w/o fender 27.5'' x 2.8'' / 29'' x 2.5''
- Frame Max Tire Clearance w/o fender 27.5'' x 2.8'' / 29'' x 2.4''
- Maximum chainring clearance 1x 34 T with 52 mm chainline
- Maximum chainring clearance 2x -
- Seat Post Diameter 30.9 mm
- Seat clamp diameter 34.9 mm
- Brake mount front PM
- Brake mount rear PM
- Maximum rotor clearance front 220 mm
- Maximum rotor clearance rear 180 mm
- Front through axle 15 mm x 110 mm, 1.5 TPI
- Rear through axle 12 mm x 148 mm, 1.5 TPI
- Derailleur hanger BT-DH-023
- ISO testing standard MTB
- Crankarm M 170 mm / L 175 mm
- Q Factor 172 mm
- BCD crank direct mount (Sram compatible)
- Chainline 52 mm
- Spoke length front wheel tba
- Spoke length rear wheel tba
- Spoke count (front / rear) 32 / 32
- ERD 606 mm
- Front hub PCD 58 mm
- Rear hub PCD 58 mm
- Stem Length 40 mm
- Stem angle 0°
- Headset Spacers 1 x 10 mm, 2 x 5 mm
- Seat post offset 0 mm
- Seat post length 485 mm, 150 mm travel
|Seat Tube Length
|Horizontal TT length
|Axle to Crown (parallel to steerer,
with 25% sag)
|Recommended rider height
Note: Photos for illustration purposes only, Actual item may vary due to specs and models.
We want you to be beyond happy with your purchase from My Bike Shop! So most bikes, wheels and gear we sell are backed by our 30-Day Satisfaction Guarantee. We're able to offer this because every bike must meet our rigorous and meticulous 72-Point Inspection before being sold and shipped, and all wheels and gear must meet specific certification standards as well prior to shipping. If for any reason you're not satisfied with your item(s), just let us know and we’ll make it right or take it back. It's that simple. We aim to please, but if the item(s) and our service do not meet your expectations or work out otherwise, just ship it back our way for a refund (certain fees may apply).