absoluteBLACK Premium Sub-Compact Oval Chainring for 110/4 BCD, 48/32 and 46/30 cranksets
Shop now and pay later with Klarna Monthly Financing
- Free shipping over $50 in the United States
- Shop now and pay later with Klarna
- MBS family points with every purchase
- Easy 30 days exchanges and returns
- We are a click away for you! Chat now
- Price excludes any applicable VAT, duties and custom import fees for international orders
More in stock by AbsoluteBLACK
absoluteBLACK Premium Sub-Compact Oval 110 BCD Road Outer Chainring - 46t, 110 Shimano Asymmetric BCD, 4-Bolt, Gray
absoluteBLACK Premium Sub-Compact Oval 110 BCD Road Outer Chainring - 48t, 110 Shimano Asymmetric BCD, 4-Bolt, Gray
- Product Details
absoluteBlack PREMIUM SUB-COMPACT OVAL 110/4, 48/32T & 46/30T CRANKSET CHAINRINGS
*Sold Individually, ships in 3-5 business days.*
absoluteBLACK introduces premium Gravel - Road 110/4 oval chainrings in Sub-compact (super compact) sizes to improve your climbing and cadence. Increased Cadence is key to reducing perceived effort. With 48/32T and 46/30T crankset chainrings you can ride anywhere and climb anything. Alpine climbs will never be that difficult anymore. These special super compact chainrings are compatible with all Shimano 110/4bcd cranks making absoluteBLACK the only company on the market offering such sizes. 30 and 32T chainrings allow you to climb on your own terms with improved cadence and efficiency. 10/11/12spd compatible. Ready to try?
- Size (Mass +/-1g): 30T (27g), 32T (30g), 46T (99g), 48T (110g)
- Color: Black, Grey, Champagne (inner ring in black only)
- Compatibility: Shimano Dura-Ace 9100, R9120, R9150 & R9170 Di2, Ultegra 8000, R8020, R8050 & 8070 Di2., 105 R7000, R7020, R7070, Dura-Ace 9000 & Di2, Ultegra 6800 & Di2, Shimano 105 5800 , Tiagra 4700* (*requires modification -contact us); 10 / 11 / 12spd compatible.
- BOLTS: Special bolts are included with 30T (2xM5 TI / 2xM7 AL) / Special bolts are included with 32T (4xM7 AL)
- Material & Finish: cnc machined 7075 Txxx Aluminum. Long-lasting construction. Type II anodizing
- Ovality: Optimized to each size separately. 30T- 9% ; 32T - 8% ; 46/48T - 10-11.2% ; Timing of 108 -110.5° after TDC (top dead center) - Ideal for climbing. Patent Pending
Our Sub Compact chainrings only work in predefined size combinations and are not sold as a set. When ordering add 30t and 46t, or 32t and 48t chainrings to your basket. Mounting bolts are included in the price of the small ring.
- Due to very special 2.5mm offset construction of BOTH chainrings towards the frame and custom bolts:
- 30T can only work with 46T and special bolt set 46/30. (bolts included with small ring)
- 32T can only work with 48T and special bolt set 48/32. (bolts included with small ring)
- No other combination or mix of rings will work. Due to special mounting construction, aesthetic bolt covers are not offered for this design
- Absolute Black always recommends using a new chain when fitting new chainrings.
- SRAM Yaw front derailleur compatibility – Due to the construction of SRAM Yaw front derailleurs, our Sub Compact chainrings are not compatible with them. If you replace your Yaw front derailleur with a Shimano equivalent (there are no indexing issues between Shimano FD and SRAM shift levers) you will be able to use our Sub Compact chainrings.
SPEED AT CADENCE CALCULATION
The absoluteBLACK Sub Compact Oval 46T and 48T rings are large enough to reach comparable flatland speeds as their larger counterparts. This calculation shows gear combinations at 90rpm cadence, and 700c x 25mm tire.
- 46x11T combination is minimally faster than 50x12T. This is 47.5km/h (29.5mph) and is faster than 52x13T! At 100rpm it increases to 53km/h (32.9mph).
- 48x11T combination is minimally faster than 52x12T. This is 49.7km/h (30.9mph) and is faster than 53x13T! At 100rpm it increases to 55km/h (34.3mph).
As seen from the examples above absoluteBLACK Sub Compact Oval Chainrings are more than capable of reaching high top speeds when used with 11T cog. But where absoluteBLACK Sub Compact rings are in a league of their own is the small 30T and 32T chainring. They make climbing easier and exceptionally comfortable, but still retain high top speeds with 46T and 48T big chainring.
ADVANTAGES OF ABSOLUTE BLACK SUB-COMPACT OVAL CHAINRINGS:
- 30 and 32T chainrings allow you to climb on your own terms with improved cadence and efficiency
- One of a kind special oval shape that helps you climb easier and faster (Patent Pending)
- No more mashing on long climbs and wishing for bigger cassette.
- Have you ever had to walk the climb on sportive race? These rings will save you from it.
- 46/11 or 48/11 is still a big gear to push on the flat. For your daily ride you most likely don't need more
- Your pedaling will feel smoother
- AB oval reduces stress on knees and helps your legs remain fresher for longer
- You will be able to maintain better cadence while climbing
- Reduces possibility of leg cramps
- Shipping, Returns, and Exchanges
- Warranty Information
Approximately 5-7 days total
Wheels & Frames
1-2 business days (Wheels sold without accessories or installation)
1-2 business days
DOMESTIC SHIPPING POLICY
Shipment processing time
All orders are processed within 1-2 business days.
Orders placed after 5pm Friday and on weekends will be processed the following Monday. Orders placed on holidays will be processed the following business day.
Shipping rates and delivery estimates
Once your order has been processed, please allow for 2-3 business days for it to be shipped.
Shipment to P.O. boxes or APO/FPO addresses
Please note we do not currently ship to P.O. boxes or APO/FPO Addresses.
Shipment confirmation and order tracking
Once your order has shipped you will receive a shipment confirmation and order tracking email.
We want you to be beyond happy with your purchase from My Bike Shop! So most bikes, wheels and gear we sell are backed by our 30-Day Satisfaction Guarantee. We're able to offer this because every bike must meet our rigorous and meticulous 72-Point Inspection before being sold and shipped, and all wheels and gear must meet specific certification standards as well prior to shipping. If for any reason you're not satisfied with your item(s), just let us know and we'll make it right or take it back. It's that simple. We aim to please, but if the item(s) and our service do not meet your expectations or work out otherwise, just ship it back our way for a refund (certain fees may apply).
All orders are covered by the MBS 30-Day satisfaction Guarantee, but in some cases there are re-stocking fees associated with the cancellation or return of an order. Please review the following guidelines as it relates to your order:
Canceled orders of any* item prior to shipping will be refunded 100%.
Items that have been modified in any way (including decal removal) cannot be returned or refunded.
Wheels that have been damaged in any way, or are otherwise now unrideable cannot be returned for a refund, but must go through warranty or crash replacement.
Helmets that have had tags or safety stickers removed, or have been ridden in are not eligible for return.
My Bike Shop cannot be held liable for warranty claims or labor charges carried out by any other business.
Orders for return that have shipped to the customer, are within the 30-Day window and have been installed or used otherwise, can be returned for a refund minus a 15% restocking fee once received back in the MBS warehouse. Return shipping is the responsibility of the customer. MBS will review item(s) once received to verify condition prior to issuing the refund.
Wheel accessory installation fees are non-refundable.
Items that have been damaged from use during the 30 day period are not eligible for return. This includes, but is not limited to: Scratched or dented wheels, scratched or gouged items of any kind, items that have been damaged by improper installation, items with damaged bolts.
Electronics (including, but not limited to activity monitors, GPS-enabled devices, bike trainers, emergency-communication devices, and cameras) that have had their sealing stickers broken, have been removed from the box, turned on, had the screen protector removed (if applicable), used, or otherwise set up for any length of time will incur a 15% restocking fee.
*Soft goods with tags removed, or that have been worn are not eligible for return, and are exempt from this policy.
Custom orders do not apply.
Custom ordered wheels, small parts or soft goods cancelled before receipt of the item(s), are charged a 10% restocking fee. For custom orders of wheels, small parts or soft goods returned unused within the 30-Day Guarantee window, we charge a 15% restocking fee and any shipping fees are at the expense of the customer.
As part of our commitment to 100% customer service satisfaction, you receive a no questions asked refund for most unused non-custom bike, wheels and gear purchased directly from My Bike Shop. You don't even have to call.
Once you've purchased with us, you have until you receive a tracking code to cancel. Once the item is shipped, you're covered by a 30-Day Guarantee. For custom ordered wheels, small parts or soft goods cancelled before receipt of the item(s), we charge a 10% restocking fee.
For custom orders of wheels, small parts or soft goods returned unused within the 30-Day Guarantee window, we charge a 15% restocking fee and any shipping fees are at the expense of the customer. Custom ordered complete bike builds completed by MBS require a 15% restocking fee if cancelled prior to shipping or 20% if returned unused within the 30-Day Guarantee window.
Here's how cancelling a My Bike Shop order works:
- Search your email for your order confirmation.
- At the bottom of that email, click the link to check "Status of your order".
- An email will open up, and you'll include your order number (listed in the subject line), and note asking for a cancellation.
Warranties are at the discretion of the manufacturer.
The buyer is responsible for all return shipping costs.
My Bike Shop cannot be held liable for warranty claims or labor charges carried out by any other business.
If a replacement item is purchased by customer for immediate shipping, the transactions will be deemed as unrelated, and the following steps will still have to be followed for the item in question.
Warranties are processed in the following manner:
- Item is to be returned to MBS with prior approval, and at the buyers expense.
- MBS will contact manufacturer to process warranty claim.
- If warranty is denied, and it is outside of 30 days no refunds will be processed, and the return shipping is the responsibility of the customer.
- If the warranty is denied within 30 days of purchase, the customer will have the option of a refund less 15% restocking fee for the used item per our return policy, or to pay shipping for the return of the item to the customer.
- If warranty is approved by the manufacturer, we will follow their protocols to obtain a replacement item.
- When the replacement item arrives to MBS, MBS will ship the replacement item to the customer at no additional charge to the customer.
Accident protection offered by Extend
Life happens, so we've got you covered. Protect your product from accidental damage from day one through your chosen coverage term.
Extend plans covers:
- Hassle-free replacements at no additional cost
- Accidental damage such as breaks and drops
- Power surges and electrical failures
Why choose Extend?
- Simple claims process
- No deductibles
Shop now and pay later with Klarna
We've partnered with Klarna to give you a better shopping experience.
It's smoooth and simple:
- Klarna helps you elevate your shopping game. When you choose Klarna at checkout, you'll get the option to shop now and pay later for your purchase. It's shopping the way it should be. Effortless, safe and fun.
4 interest-free payments:
- Split your purchase into 4 payments so you can spread the cost of your purchase over time. Enter the credit or debit card of your choice for automatic payments every two weeks. No interest or added fees when you pay on time.
- Apply for easy monthly financing directly in the checkout. A simple, 2-step application will provide an instant decision. Once you've been approved, you'll receive reminders and can manage your payments directly in the Klarna app. Monthly financing products are offered by WebBank, member FDIC.
HOW TO SHOP WITH KLARNA
The best way to shop
See all of your purchases in one place, pay any open balances and much more in the Klarna app. You can also log into your Klarna account at https://app.klarna.com/login. If you need any help, Klarna's Customer Service is there for you.
Safe and secure
Klarna uses the latest safeguards and security to protect your information and prevent unauthorized purchases.
We're always here to help!
What happens if I make a return?
If you need to return part or all of your order, Klarna will issue you with a new statement. Simply follow the retailer's return instructions and make sure to take note of the tracking number. Log into your Klarna account, select "report a return", and we'll pause your statement. As soon as the retailer has processed your return, we will send an adjusted invoice.
There's something wrong with my order. Do I still need to pay for it?
You do not need to pay for goods that are received damaged, broken, or defective. Follow the retailer's dispute instructions and "report a problem" in your Klarna account to pause your statement until the issue is resolved. As soon as the retailer has registered your return, the refund will be processed within 5-7 business days.
I have not received my order. What happens to my statement?
You do not need to pay the statement until you have received your order. Contact the retailer for a delivery update, log into your Klarna account, and "report a problem" to pause your statement until you've received your order.
My statement is incorrect. What should I do?
If your statement does not match your order details, please contact the retailer directly to correct your statement. Log into your Klarna account and "report a problem" to pause your statement until the details have been corrected.
We're on a mission to reshape shopping, by elevating the entire shopping experience from browsing to owning. We do this by giving you the benefits of convenience, perks and inspiration.
Founded in Stockholm, Sweden, Klarna is one of Europe's fastest-growing companies and a leading alternative payment provider. We have 3,500 employees across 17 countries, and are leading the way for alternative payments by serving 90 million consumers and 250,000 retailer's payment solutions.About Klarna Klarna's Customer Support
Give the gift of cycling
My Bike Shop Gift Cards
The My Bike Shop Gift Card unlocks the ultimate gifts for any professional or hobby cyclist and athlete.
From bikes and wheels to apparel and nutrition, redeem from the largest catalog of cycling products in the United States, including rare and exclusive products only found on MyBikeShop.com.
Recipients also enjoy a 14 days risk free returns and exchanges, and comprehensive Customer Support.
Stay in the know with MBS